Friday, September 12, 2008

Memories of Grandpa

Grandpa Stirling was my dear friend. I loved to sit and visit with him, especially if I was having a bad day, as he always made me feel better. I never ever heard him complain about anything even though he had to have been in a lot of pain. One time we asked him if he would like to go for a ride, which he sometimes liked to do, his answer was, "Not today, I hurt too much". This was the closest to a complaint I ever heard from him. Whenever anyone asked how he was, he would say, "Just about right". Darlene Stirling Wilder

I remember the time when a man in the town came to see 'Rex' to get some advise on the upcoming elections. Upon leaving, the man told someone that Dad disn't know anything because all he knew were Democrats. Dad was a Democrat through and through.

Dad liked to sit in the sideyard in the sun (On the side next to what is now Sue and Clayton's house). People would come by and stop and talk with him. Everyone loved Daddy. Jackie Pulsipher

When we got married, we went to Las Vegas and did not tell Jackie's parents. Then the next morning, we drove back to tell them that we were married. Her dad was just getting ready to say a few words, when in walked their Bishop. Of course, he had to introduce me to him as his "son-in-law". The words never did come. Warren Pulsipher

No comments: